THE NELSONS

THE NELSONS
.... WRITING TO REMEMBER LIFE'S BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS...

Thursday, April 2, 2009

New Book: Tending Roses

My mom is having me read a new book, entitled: "Tending Roses" (to add to the other 5 currently in rotation). The old-lady cover has deterred me from reading it for a few months, but I knew I was going to love it after I digested the first paragraph:
"Indian wisdom says our lives are rivers. We are born somewhere small and quiet and we move toward a place we cannot see, but only imagine. Along our journey, people and events flow into us, and we are created of everywhere and everyone we have passed. Each event, each person, changes us in some way. Even in times of drought we are still moving and growing, but it is during seasons of rain that we expand the most - when water flows from all directions, sweeping at terrifying speed, chasing against rocks, spilling over boundaries. These are painful times, but they enable us to carry burdens we could never have thought possible." She goes on to say, "Floods are painful, but necessary. They keep us clear and strong. They move our lives onto new paths."
I'm already fascinated with the voice this writer is using. It's soothing, and empathetic. I think I'm going to love this book. Also, I'd like to suggest another wonderful book for "all my single" ladies, which is entitled "A Single Voice", by Kristen Oaks. To say that book was good (I'm almost finished), would be a major understatement.
By way of updates, I also am happy to announce that I will be starting some grad classes in the fall... my major TBD. I'm excited at the prospect of brain expansion. Lastly, PLEASE visit THIS WEBSITE for some laughs if you know much of the LDS single dating world. No, it is not affiliated with my LDS faith (it's just written by some single dude who thinks he knows everything about us single LDS Bettys), but it is pretty funny.