In college I lived in totally dumpy apartments which must have been at least 1,000 years old, but I had the FUNNEST roommates ever. It made the dumpy surroundings seem to sparkle. For some reason this morning I was thinking about our bathroom in that apartment. It was such a dream. It almost looked like a public bathroom... long and narrow, with two bathroom stalls, a separate tub and shower, 3 sinks/mirror, and a long mirror/vanity on the other side of the room (which we put all our hair equipment on). Let me tell you... so many good times were had in that bathroom. 6 of us lived in the tiny apartment and the bathroom seemed to be bigger than all of our rooms put together! We'd sing and dance until the wee hours of the morning/night in there. We'd pull pranks on each other and we'd all get ready at the same time in that big bathroom. I remember one of us (Angie) dancing so hard that she cracked the ceiling below us and made them lose power! What good memories. Someday, in my dream house in my dream life I will have one of these bathrooms full of my kids singing and laughing and dancing together as they prep for the day. THE NELSONS
.... WRITING TO REMEMBER LIFE'S BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS...
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Most Favorite Bathroom Ever
In college I lived in totally dumpy apartments which must have been at least 1,000 years old, but I had the FUNNEST roommates ever. It made the dumpy surroundings seem to sparkle. For some reason this morning I was thinking about our bathroom in that apartment. It was such a dream. It almost looked like a public bathroom... long and narrow, with two bathroom stalls, a separate tub and shower, 3 sinks/mirror, and a long mirror/vanity on the other side of the room (which we put all our hair equipment on). Let me tell you... so many good times were had in that bathroom. 6 of us lived in the tiny apartment and the bathroom seemed to be bigger than all of our rooms put together! We'd sing and dance until the wee hours of the morning/night in there. We'd pull pranks on each other and we'd all get ready at the same time in that big bathroom. I remember one of us (Angie) dancing so hard that she cracked the ceiling below us and made them lose power! What good memories. Someday, in my dream house in my dream life I will have one of these bathrooms full of my kids singing and laughing and dancing together as they prep for the day.