THE NELSONS

THE NELSONS
.... WRITING TO REMEMBER LIFE'S BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS...

Thursday, April 17, 2008

I Don't Have Permission To Do This But...

Toot toot! I just have to toot Mr. Dentist's horn since he won't toot it himself. My friend (who is totally cute and single and accomplished) is getting honored tonight for being one of the top graduating dental students and guess who he's taking with him to the gala in which he will be honored :o) Oh, that would be the girl sitting next to him in this picture. She's rather excited to be going too. Lucky me... oh, I mean - lucky her. I'm so stinkin' proud of him. Toot toot!
Since it's kinda "his day", I would like to fill you in on all the great things about this guy that make him shine like the little buttercup that he is. He's a small town boy with a big time heart; He loves to draw and paint; He loves anything having to do with the gospel; He does, unfortunately, snore (and I only know this because of the million road trips I've experienced with him over the past 4 years that he's been in Vegas); He loves to create a yearly picture slide show of his family to show during their Christmas festivities; He loves to dip long pretzels in carmel and chocolate; He loves cinnamon rolls and sugar cookies; He eats a peanut butter and honey sandwich (sometimes microwaved) for lunch EVERYDAY; We call him all sorts of butchered nicknames originating from his last name and he still loves those of us who do; He loves airplanes, cars, and boats; He is genuine goodness from the core outward; He is one of the most undercover accomplished (= humble) people I know; He loves chocolate milk, taco soup, dancing, his golden calf (car), and his mama; He is super funny and makes me laugh a lot.
I am so happy to consider him a dear friend. He leaves for orthodontist school in 6 weeks and the thought makes me so very sad. By way of reminiscing, I still remember the first time I ever really interacted with him all those years ago. We were at a dance and he was the newly sustained Elder's Quorum President of our ward. I remember seeing him arrive. You know when you are crushing on someone and you, unaware, keep tabs on their whereabouts the whole time you are in their presence? (BTW...I had an oblilgation to crush back then because he was the EQP... and it's the responsiblity of all ladies in a single's ward to crush on the EQP). I remember doing that at the dance... well until the handicapped boy found me and tried to dirty dance me into a corner (several times... while my friends stood around and laughed- instead of helped). Later he did find me and asked me to dance! I was shocked! I still remember the way he held my hand and the grin on his face and the smooth way that he knew how to dance. Let's just say he swept me off my feet :o) He's come to mean a lot to me over the years which I guess is prompting this semi-obituary on the wake of his departing the LV. Friends are so important at this stage of life... of both genders and he is one that I share many happy memories with. Hopefully, there will be many more :o)