I can't believe I forgot to blog about this. On our way home from the Caribbean (Jan '08) we stopped at a swamp and took an air boat ride. I called this excursion "testosterone heaven" and wondered what I was doing wandering around a gift shop that smelled of formaldehyde from all the alligator heads on display for sale. Our back woods tour guide (I SO wish I had a picture) showed us around his pride and joy... the swamp. He cut the engines right in the middle of a patch of dense trees where a multitude of alligators swarmed our boat.
This man had many tricks up his sleeve, including throwing food into the water which made a MASSIVE swarm of black birds flock to our boat. This resulted in most of us in the boat being pooped on. The poop did smell a little bit better than the swamp water, though :o) We then started up our engines and drove past buffalo and some sort of deer and came to our next stop:
... big giant wild pigs... house trained (sort of). They came rushing down to the edge of the boat and waited while the large dominant male did tricks for his hand-fed food while almost tipping over the boat from having his two front hooves on our boat. Some of us were sweating bullets (as we were still in alligator waters). I remember thinking at this point "well this experience just became un-fun". Mr. Tour guide took us back to land and my friend asked the tour guide if he met her friend Brian Fellows when he visited a couple weeks before. He was straining his brain to remember him, because it sounded so familiar. The rest of us were trying to keep from busting up laughing. The one thing we didn't get to do while at the swamp was this:
I guess that just means I will have to go back. Overall, I'm glad I experienced this moment in time because the remembrance will always bring a smile to my face.