THE NELSONS

THE NELSONS
.... WRITING TO REMEMBER LIFE'S BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS...

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Two Parts Crazy; One Part Unprepared

Saturday was a special day for a few of us as we threw on our running shoes and hit a 5K race that turned out to be a lot longer than we anticipated. Bless their hearts... the organizers of the Resolution Run here in LV didn't quite mark off 3.2 miles, so little miss unprepared (shown in the middle) crawled to the finish line, which ended up being 4 miles total. We had to write a New Year's Resolution on our shirts, thus the bashing scribbles. I didn't beat Phil...that's what I get for trying to run a race without any training in the running department. I've recently been focusing heavily on toning and weights in preparation for the swimwear marathon I will be enduring next week (can't wait). Nevertheless I still wouldn't have beat Phil. Let's be honest. Who knew a tank of pure muscle could move so quickly through the air. I had no idea. They both ran crazy fast like their shorts were on fire! We had fun though and these guys were a lot of laughs and, hey... I finished! I do need to put running back into the workout regime. I was reminded that I quite enjoy it.