I'm needing to watch Little Women again. Yes, it's a physical need. Maybe it's because it's getting cold and it's one of those movies that's perfect to snuggle up with a blanket and tea to watch. I love Marmee. She makes me think, "Thank heavens for mothers". For some reason the wisdom of Marmee (the mom) from Little Women has been running through my head... specifically some of the following:
"Oh, Jo. Jo, you have so many extraordinary gifts; how can you expect to lead an ordinary life? You're ready to go out and - and find a good use for your talent. Tho' I don't know what I shall do without my Jo. Go, and embrace your liberty. And see what wonderful things come of it."
"Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be delightful, old age will bring few regrets, and life become a beautiful success, in spite of poverty."
“Money is a needful and precious thing--and when well used, a noble thing--but I never want you to think it is the first or only prize to strive for. I'd rather see you poor men's wives, if you were happy, beloved, contented, than queens on thrones, without self-respect and peace.”
“Don't let the sun go down upon your anger; forgive each other, help each other, and begin again tomorrow.”