Sometimes taking those steps into the unknown can be really scary. Do you feel me on this one? When the world brings tides of change into my life... I tend to want to back far away from the breaking water. But experience, which generates growth, happens deep within the waters. The Book of Ether tells one of my very favorite stories, which I re-read this week. It reminded me that we are all set on a course to some Promised Land in our lives... depending on those things that we desire. The Lord will prepare us and get us safely to that Promised Land that our heart aches for, but we must remember that in order to travel the distance required, we must be prepared for times of being tossed to and from upon the sea. Our loving Heavenly Father, if we listen, will help us construct our transportation... tight like unto a dish... that will help us face and pass through any storm we will face. So... as I think about the journey that life presents, I find myself praying for the Lord to help me construct that "dish" or portable faith, that will get me through the large sea sitting in front of me. I am not worried, as I know no journey of faith is EVER faced alone. The settling reminder that what the Lord promises, he fulfills, remains my anchor as I press ever onward toward my Promised Land.
THE NELSONS
.... WRITING TO REMEMBER LIFE'S BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS...
Friday, September 21, 2007
Steps of Faith
Sometimes taking those steps into the unknown can be really scary. Do you feel me on this one? When the world brings tides of change into my life... I tend to want to back far away from the breaking water. But experience, which generates growth, happens deep within the waters. The Book of Ether tells one of my very favorite stories, which I re-read this week. It reminded me that we are all set on a course to some Promised Land in our lives... depending on those things that we desire. The Lord will prepare us and get us safely to that Promised Land that our heart aches for, but we must remember that in order to travel the distance required, we must be prepared for times of being tossed to and from upon the sea. Our loving Heavenly Father, if we listen, will help us construct our transportation... tight like unto a dish... that will help us face and pass through any storm we will face. So... as I think about the journey that life presents, I find myself praying for the Lord to help me construct that "dish" or portable faith, that will get me through the large sea sitting in front of me. I am not worried, as I know no journey of faith is EVER faced alone. The settling reminder that what the Lord promises, he fulfills, remains my anchor as I press ever onward toward my Promised Land.