I hoped it wouldn't have to come to this, but it has... I have a fear of escalators. For some reason it's gotten worse over the years. I think it has to do with the fact that my shoes have become increasingly unsteady and my bags keep getting bigger and bigger... making it hard for me to keep upright and confident when stepping onto an escalator. I know, it's the most random fear anyone could ever have! I realize this is not normal... but what is a girl to do. The worst escalators (for me) are at Nordstrom. I think it's because it's so high and I can seen ALL the way down to the bottom when I am trying to step on. So... I went to get on a week ago and I froze, unable to put my foot onto the moving death trap. I stared at it and tried again. No luck... my foot just wouldn't move. I moved out of the way to let people on and realized that my escalator days in heels may be numbered. I looked around and found the elevator and jumped on. The funniest thing happened at the elevator. The doors opened and a pretty mom was on it. She held the door open and said, "it's okay honey, come on." As I said, "awe, thanks!" and as I jumped on I thought "how nice! Maybe she saw me have my escalator break-down". Just then a little 3-yr-old popped out of the corner and they got off. I...was...so...embarrased. So if there comes a time when you need a good laugh, just think of me trying with all of my might to get on the escalator unsuccessfully and you will feel better! THE NELSONS
.... WRITING TO REMEMBER LIFE'S BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS...
Friday, March 16, 2007
Step Off
I hoped it wouldn't have to come to this, but it has... I have a fear of escalators. For some reason it's gotten worse over the years. I think it has to do with the fact that my shoes have become increasingly unsteady and my bags keep getting bigger and bigger... making it hard for me to keep upright and confident when stepping onto an escalator. I know, it's the most random fear anyone could ever have! I realize this is not normal... but what is a girl to do. The worst escalators (for me) are at Nordstrom. I think it's because it's so high and I can seen ALL the way down to the bottom when I am trying to step on. So... I went to get on a week ago and I froze, unable to put my foot onto the moving death trap. I stared at it and tried again. No luck... my foot just wouldn't move. I moved out of the way to let people on and realized that my escalator days in heels may be numbered. I looked around and found the elevator and jumped on. The funniest thing happened at the elevator. The doors opened and a pretty mom was on it. She held the door open and said, "it's okay honey, come on." As I said, "awe, thanks!" and as I jumped on I thought "how nice! Maybe she saw me have my escalator break-down". Just then a little 3-yr-old popped out of the corner and they got off. I...was...so...embarrased. So if there comes a time when you need a good laugh, just think of me trying with all of my might to get on the escalator unsuccessfully and you will feel better!