It's that time of year again... the CES (Consumer Electronics Association)Convention here in Vegas. They pretty much rent out the whole city for a week. People are briskly walking down the Strip with their newly purchased gadgets just so excited to be here. I even saw a group of guys on the corner this morning who had a Dell computer screen "packs" on. Let me explain, as I have never seen the likes. This module consists of three parts: 1) the backpack with waist belt; 2) the bendible connector pipe allowing for 3) a huge Dell computer screen to hang over their head. This allows for commercials on the computer flatscreen to be dangled over the wearer's head. In other words, Dell has taken the "dancing apartment clown on the corner with sign" to a whole new level. This would be the CES Convention equivalent to cheap advertising (although it doesn't look all that cheap!) When I drove by the convention center and saw the group this morning they were all strapped in, powered up and ready to dispurse to the street corners surrounding the convention center. I wonder if they will "air type" instead of dance? I am dying that I didn't have my camera on me! I will pack it tomorrow and see if I can get a shot.
The Apple computer geek in me does have to throw out a heads up about something I learned this week at the Apple store (I took my iPod in to see if it was fixable since the harddrive crashed, and I am sorry to report that it isn't going to make it). It is Apple's 30th Anniversary this year and the Apple store told me that they will be unveiling many new and exciting things this year in honor of this. So... keep your eyes peeled! Also, in honor of Geeks of the World Unite Week, I am posting a link to my friend Josh in NYC. He not only works at the Apple store, but he also is a very talented photographer. He has taken pictures of his store and fellow comrades around the USA. I find them to be very hip and "dialed in". Check it out!
Lastly, I promised Jody, aka. Flava Flav, a SHOUT OUT this morning. Good morning boo! I hope you aren't too tired!